Tinnitus affects many people in Visakhapatnam. You can never be happy to know that you have developed tinnitus. All of a sudden, you start listening to unwanted noises without any reason. The most irritating issue about Tinnitus is it does not stop. Instead, these annoying noises continue the whole day. It creates a problem in sleeping as well.
So, it is widespread confusion among many people, whether it is permanent or temporary. Near about 15 to 20 percent of people in the world suffers from tinnitus. Though it is not such a severe issue yet, it can become worse with age.
Asian ENT Hospital in Visakhapatnam is here to provide you all the treatment for your ENT issues.
Read the article to know in detail about Tinnitus.
Now let us discuss the different types of tinnitus:
Well, there are two types of tinnitus that you can experience. These are as follows-
- Subjective Tinnitus: It is a situation where only you can hear the continuous buzzing sound. It is a prevalent type of tinnitus. An ear problem in any part of your ear or your hearing nerves can instigate subjective tinnitus.
- Objective Tinnitus: It is a rare type of Tinnitus that your doctor can hear during the examination. It can be the result of a problem in your blood vessel or bone of your ear.
Now how can you identify that you are suffering from tinnitus?
Tinnitus includes the sensation of hearing sound throughout the day. You can identify it by a few symptoms. Followings are the symptoms of tinnitus-
- Buzzing sound
- Ringing sound
- Hissing sound
- Clicking sound
- Roaring sound
- Humming sound
The sound may be high or low, and you may hear them in your either or both ears. It can be too loud to concentrate or hear other things sometimes.
So, what are the causes of your tinnitus development?
Several health-related conditions can cause tinnitus. The fact is, in many cases, you will not find the exact cause. Here we are explaining a few possible causes of tinnitus.
- Hearing loss and old age: It generally starts at the age of 60.
- Loud noise: Loud noise like a car horn, sound from heavy equipment, loud music can cause tinnitus. Remember that permanent damage may occur due to the loud noise along with Tinnitus.
- Ear blockage: Accumulation of too much ear wax can create a blockage in your ear. Eventually, it may lead to tinnitus.
- Bone shifting: The shifting of your ear bones in your middle ear can also cause tinnitus.
Along with all these primary causes, there are few other causes also. These are as follows-
- Head and neck injury
- Menier’s disorder
- Acoustic neuroma
- Muscle spasms in the inner ear
- TMJ disorder
- Ear infection
Now, what are the possible treatment for tinnitus?
While treating your Tinnitus, we will first identify the cause depending upon your symptoms. We can advise you of the following methods of treatment.
- Cleaning your ear wax.
- Treating your disturbed blood vessels.
- Changing the medications that may lead you to tinnitus.
Again, we can recommend you specific noise suppression mechanisms as well. These are as follows-
- Hearing aid
- White noise machines
- Tinnitus retaining
- Masking devices
All of these are very beneficial to reduce tinnitus and give you proper sleep without any disturbance.
Certain medications are also available to treat tinnitus. But remember you should avail of proper consultation before starting any of them because there is a long list of medicines that can adversely affect your tinnitus.
In some instances, tinnitus can go away after a few days. For people whose brain hallucinates, the buzzing sound can disappear and come back again.
This hallucination can last from a few seconds to weeks. If you are exposed to a loud sound, you should try to avoid that.
The tinnitus development from loud sound can last for a couple of minutes to a whole day because continuous exposer to loud sound may damage your hearing capacity.
There are cases where tinnitus does not go away after the treatment too. It becomes a long-term situation. In this situation, we recommend you avail of cognitive-behavioral therapy. It will help you to improve your attitude towards
Tinnitus. As a result, you will be able to perform your daily work without any trouble.
If you want to know more about the disease and the same treatment, contact one of the renowned ent doctor in Visakhapatnam,
Till then, stay healthy.