The Founder of Asian Super Specialty ENT Hospital, Dr. Pradeep Vundavalli, is one of the top ENT doctor in Visakhapatnam. He provides the most effective and cost-efficient Botox Treatment for Migraines in Visakhapatnam.
Dr. Pradeep Vundavalli has come across hundreds of patients struggling with migraines. Therefore, he gained expertise in treating migraine patients. Hence, people recognize him as one of the best ENT specialists in Botox treatment for Migraines in Visakhapatnam.
Read on to know about Migraines, their symptoms & causes, what Botox is and its role in the treatment of migraines, its benefits, and more.
What is a Migraine?
Migraine is a neurological illness that can cause various symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, difficulty speaking, numbness, sensitivity to light and sound. Intense, debilitating headaches frequently characterize it. Migraines usually run in families and can affect all age groups.
What are the Symptoms of Migraine?
Symptoms of migraine occur in different phases:
Before the headache: Based on research, about 20–60% of patients experience symptoms that begin hours, or probably days, before the headache. These are physical and sensory symptoms, such as aura.
During the headache: Alongside a moderate to severe throbbing or pulsing headache, symptoms may include vomiting, nausea, and nasal congestion.
Resolution: Tiredness and irritability may remain for another two days. This period is also called the “migraine hangover.”
Other standard features are:
- head pain that worsens during physical activities or straining
- an inability to perform regular activities due to pain
- increased sensitivity to light and sound that relieves on lying in a darkened room
Other symptoms may include sweating, temperature changes, a stomach ache, and diarrhea.
What Causes Migraines?
- The exact cause of migraines is unknown. But doctors believe that imbalances in certain brain chemicals are responsible for migraines.
- The trigeminal nerve in your head reaches your eyes and mouth.
- It also helps in feeling sensations in your face. It is also a significant pathway for pain.
- Your serotonin levels may fall at the start of a migraine.
- The nerve can release chemicals called neurotransmitters that move to your brain and cause pain.
Let's know what Botox is and its role in treating migraines.
What is Botox?
Botox is a form of botulinum toxin. It is a neurotoxin produced by a bacterium that causes botulism. When the botulinum toxin is purified and used in tiny doses in specific areas, it temporarily reduces muscle contractions.
What is Botox Treatment for Migraine?
- You'll get several Botox shots around your head and neck once every 12 weeks to reduce or prevent migraine headaches.
- Your doctor will use a tiny needle that will feel like a pinprick. They inject small amounts of Botox into superficial muscles in the skin. Each treatment typically involves a particular number of injections in seven key areas of the head and neck.
- You'll get an equal number of Botox shots on both sides of your head. However, if you have migraine pain in one particular spot, you may need more shots.
- You could get the results after two to three weeks of your first treatment.
- You should get Botox treatment for migraines only from a doctor who's well-trained and experienced in giving Botox shots for migraine headaches.
How can Botox Treatment Cure Migraines?
- Your doctor will inject Botox around pain fibers involved in headaches.
- Botox penetrates the nerve endings around where it is injected and blocks the release of pain-causing chemicals. It inhibits the activation of pain networks in the brain.
- Botox prevents migraines before they begin but takes time to act.
- One treatment lasts for 10-12 weeks. Moreover, patients reported that two Botox treatments lessened the headache by approximately 50%.
What are the Benefits of Botox Treatment for Migraine?
- Botox injections are almost painless.
- You may experience only a slight burning sensation with each injection.
- It is a quick process. Each session will last only for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the treatment, most patients resume work as usual without any issues.
Which are the Complications or Side Effects of Botox?
The most common temporary side effects for people who get chronic migraine headaches and use Botox are:
- Neck pain and headache
- Allergic reaction to Botox
- Swelling in the neck area
Why Choose Us?
- Asian Super Specialty ENT Hospital is the only ENT hospital in Andhra Pradesh that widely focuses on the ears, nose, throat, neck, and head conditions.
- Under the leadership and direction of Dr. Pradeep Vundavalli, we have gained an appreciation for providing superior and evidence-based Botox treatment for migraines. Our patients also recognize us as one of the best hospital for botox treatment for migraines in Visakhapatnam.
- Our state-of-the-art ENT Hospital in Visakhapatnam has the cutting-edge medical infrastructure, high-quality result-oriented treatments, and well-qualified and experienced doctors.
- Our ENT specialists have the expertise and skills to handle advanced diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic audiology procedures.
- We maintain the highest standard of excellence cost-efficiently. So, everyone can get benefit from our most beneficial migraine treatment.
If you’re suffering from migraines, please visit us at Asian ENT Super Specialty Hospital and seek the best Botox Treatment for Migraine in Visakhapatnam by booking an appointment with our migraine specialist.