Fortunately, with advanced technology, there are ways to restore hearing. Vizag Hearing Aid Centre is an exclusive clinic in Visakhapatnam that focuses on restoring people’s ability to hear.
One of the most effective and safest ways to overcome the difficulties of hearing loss is a hearing aid. It is a small electronic device that makes sound louder so that people with hearing loss can hear better. You can either wear this device in or behind your ear.
Dr. Pradeep Vundavalli, an acclaimed ENT specialist in Visakhapatnam, and A. Snehlatadevi are the Directors of the Vizag Hearing Aid Centre. They established this centre solely for helping patients with hearing loss.
Being an ENT surgeon, Dr. Pradeep Vundavalli has come across scores of people struggling with hearing loss and knows and understands the difficulty this can have on a person’s personal and professional life, the most important being communicating with your family and friends.
Dr. Pradeep Vundavalli is not only the director of Vizag hearing aid centre but he also the founder of renowned Asian ent hospital in Visakhapatnam.
As it has been rightly expressed by the famous author Helen Keller, “if God appears in front of me and asks me what do you want a favorite song? You can do two things, play the song and close your eyes and enjoy it, but without the sound, you can’t do anything. This is the importance of sound.”
Vizag Hearing Aid Centre is the only centre that is run under the supervision of a Senior ENT Consultant. This centre offers a variety of hearing aids at a very affordable price. Profit was never a motive for setting up this centre. With the help of this centre, Dr. Pradeep Vundavalli wanted to bring about a positive change in people's lives with hearing loss.
What are the causes of hearing loss?
The most common type of hearing loss is sensorineural hearing loss. It happens when the inner ear hair cells and nerves are damaged. Mostly, this type of hearing loss cannot be corrected medically or surgically.
However, it can be treated with the use of hearing aids.
Some of the common causes of hearing loss are:
- Excessive noise exposure (occupational or recreational noises)
- Ear infection
- Perforated eardrum
- Illnesses or infections (measles or mumps)
- Meniere’s disease
- Malformed ear
- Medications that damage hearing
Aging is one of the most common causes of hearing loss. Nearly one in two people above the age of 50 has problems understanding what people are saying in a busy environment.
This issue impacts our social life and can lead to a feeling of depression and isolation. Helen Keller rightly said, "Blindness cuts us off from things, but deafness cuts us off from people."
Further, hearing loss happens very gradually, so the person suffering from it does not realize it until his family and friends spot the problem.
Luckily, a hearing aid can easily rectify the age-related hearing loss. At Vizag Hearing Aid Centre, we have helped thousands of people overcome this issue.
Types of hearing aids
There are several types of hearing aid available, and choosing the right one can be a daunting task. Dr. Pradeep Vundavalli will guide you in choosing the best one depending on factors like your degree of hearing loss, lifestyle needs, aesthetic preference, budget, etc.
Given below is the list of different types of hearing aids:
- Behind-The-Ear (BTE) - A BTE is a type of hearing aid that rests behind your ear, and a tube connects it to a customized earmold that fits in your ear canal. This is the most common hearing aid appropriate for people of all ages and ideal for almost any type of hearing loss.
- Receiver-In-Canal (RIC) –ARIC is an open-fit hearing aid where the receiver is inside the ear canal, which is connected to the main device housed behind the ear by a thin electrical wire. They are sleek and stylish and are a great option for mild to moderate hearing loss.
- In-The-Canal (ITC) - An ITC hearing aid is custom molded that fits partly in your ear canal. They are suitable for mild to moderate hearing loss in adults.
- Complete-In-Canal (CIC) – ACIC hearing aid is custom-made to be worn entirely in your ear canal. They are small and discreet and are used for mild to moderate hearing loss.
- In-The-Ear (ITE) - ITE hearing aid is a custom-made device made to fit the shape of your ear. All the components are fitted in a plastic casing that fits smoothly within the outer portion of your ear. It is used for mild to severe hearing loss.
- Invisible (IIC) - IIC hearing aid is the smallest, discreet hearing aid available. This custom-made device sits deep inside your ear and is suitable for mild to moderate hearing loss.
What are the latest advances in hearing aid technology?
In recent times, there has been a major technological revolution in hearing aids. Now, the devices have become smaller, more comfortable, and more powerful than before.
The following features are available in an advanced hearing aid:
- Superior sound processing and frequency response
- Bluetooth compatibility
- Rechargeable batteries
- Tinnitus masking features
- Digital noise reduction
- Wind noise reduction
- Artificial intelligence
How we at Vizag Hearing Aid Centre help the patients?
If you are diagnosed with hearing loss that is not possible to treat medically, then you should go for a hearing aid evaluation and consultation with an audiologist.
During the consultation at Vizag Hearing Aid Centre, we help determine which hearing aids would be most appropriate. We take into consideration listening needs, hearing concerns, and lifestyle while deciding the most suitable hearing aids.
We have several types of hearing aids to suit all budgets. At our center, we have hearing aids of renowned and reliable multinational companies who are leaders in this technology, such as:
- GN Resound
- Oticon (France)
- Starkey (USA)